[Koha] customizing self check out cgi-bin/koha/sco/sco-main.pl help message

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 19:05:19 NZST 2016

I was able to resolve this and I'm sharing it so that those who will be doing
similar things can take a look at this thread. First and foremost, there is
SCOUserJS in order that the interface in Self Check out be further
customized, there is even SCOUserCSS. Well, the key was to find the correct
divs in order to insert some HTMLs. The self check out guide which can only
be seen if Help was clicked was added through this:
Self Checkout Step-by-Step Guide
Step one: Scan your ID card barcode number
Step two: Scan the barcode of each book (one at a time)
the next barcode. The checked-out item should appear in your checkout
list.</p>
Step three: Click the "Finish" button
expire in 60 seconds.</p></div>');
Other things were also done such that links aren't clickable in the SCO:

/* Remove the tabs in SCO
 --------------------------------------*/
 $(document).ready(function(){
$("ul#head-nav").hide();
  });

/* Remove h1 in SCO
 --------------------------------------*/
$(document).ready(function(){
$("h1").hide();
  });

/* Disable all links in SCO ---------------------*/
$(document).ready(function(){
$('a').removeAttr('href');
});

/* Hide ?Help in SCO ---------------------*/
$(document).ready(function(){
$('i.icon.help').hide();
$("a:contains('Help')").text("");
});

I can't remove the footer in SCO (I don't know why?) so I added the
following below in OPACUserJS
/* Remove footer in SCO ---------------------*/
$(document).ready(function(){
if(/sco-main/.test(self.location.href)){
$("#footer-texts.pull-left").remove();
	}
});

Well that's all. Cheers and have nice day!