[Koha] Need assistance setting up SRU target

Mirko Tietgen mirko at abunchofthings.net
Thu Apr 7 08:16:19 NZST 2016

Hi Andy,

Andy Boze schrieb am 06.04.2016

> Based on that URL, I've set the "Additional SRU options" field
> like this.
>
> operation=searchRetrieve,recordSchema=info:srw/schema/1/marcxml-v1.1-light,maximumRecords=10,recordPacking=XML

Good idea, but it does not work that way. Koha expects ZOOM in that
field. http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/doc/zoom.html

sru=get is the equivalent to operation=searchRetrieve, schema the
equivalent to recordSchema…

> (It's not clear to me whether I should percent-encode special
> characters such as : and / in the SRU options field. I've tried
> it with and without encoding.)

…a tilde (~) in the URL has to be encoded at least in newer versions
of Koha. I would assume the same for the other fields. That would
give you something like

sru=get,sru_version=1.1,schema=info%3Asrw%2Fschema%2F1%2Fmarcxml-v1.1-light

> Also for the database field I've tried it both with and without
> a leading slash (/). I would have assumed without, but just in
> case...

Not sure if that matters, but it works without / for other servers.

Try YAZ-client to test the connection. http://www.indexdata.com/yaz

Spoiler: it did not work for me anyway, but maybe the ZOOM stuff and
YAZ get you in the right direction. You may want to get in contact
with the Swissbib people if you can't get it to work.

I put up the information related to DNB (German National Library) a
while back. It's in German, but you can probably understand the
config part and how to use yaz-client to test.
http://abunchofthings.net/blog/freie-metadaten-von-der-dnb-per-sru/

HTH,

Mirko

--

Mirko Tietgen
mirko at abunchofthings.net
http://koha.abunchofthings.net
http://meinkoha.de

> sru/search/defaultdb /sru/search/defaultdb
>
> And since its a regular http: URL, I've assumed port 80.
>
> I continue to get no results when I do an SRU search in
> Cataloging.
>
> Is there a way to determine what Koha is sending to the SRU
> server and what response is sent back? Is this logged anywhere?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> On 4/6/2016 9:34 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>> Andy, you need to configure Koha so it retrieves MARCXML data
>> from the SRU target.

>>> I'm hoping someone might be able to see what I'm doing wrong.
>>> I'm trying to set up an SRU target for SwissBib. The SRU
>>> information for SwissBib is at
>>> http://www.swissbib.org/wiki/index.php?title=SRU . (We're
>>> using Koha v. 3.18.05.100)
>>>
>>> I've used the SRU Explain function (
>>> http://sru.swissbib.ch/sru/explain?operation=explain ) to
>>> get information about search attributes.
>>>
>>> In setting up the SRU target in Koha, I've used the
>>> following.
>>>
>>> Hostname: sru.swissbib.ch Port: 80 Database:
>>> sru/search/defaultdb Syntax: UNIMARC Encoding: utf8
>>>
>>> Additional SRU options: operation=searchRetrieve (I've tried
>>> using other SRU options, too, but this seems to be the
>>> minimum required.)
>>>
>>> SRU Search fields mapping: Title - dc:title ISBN -
>>> dc:identifier Any - dc:anywhere Author - dc:author ISSN -
>>> dc:identifier Standard ID - dc:id
>>>
>>> The following URL will produce results in my web browser, but
>>> I get no results when I do an equivalent SRU search in Koha.
>>>

>>> http://sru.swissbib.ch/sru/search/defaultdb?query=+dc.anywhere+%3D+verne&operation=searchRetrieve&maximumRecords=10

Does anyone have any thoughts about what's wrong? Thanks in advance.