[Koha] Need assistance setting up SRU target

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Thu Apr 7 07:16:05 NZST 2016

Thanks to both Marcel and Tomas for mentioning MARCXML. I hadn't noticed
anything in the documentation about that. I had already tried setting
recordSchema to every format that SwissBib supports, without any luck.

The following URL requests records in MARCXML format.

http://sru.swissbib.ch/sru/search/defaultdb?query=+dc.anywhere%3Djardin&operation=searchRetrieve&recordSchema=info%3Asrw%2Fschema%2F1%2Fmarcxml-v1.1&maximumRecords=10&recordPacking=XML

Based on that URL, I've set the "Additional SRU options" field like this.

operation=searchRetrieve,recordSchema=info:srw/schema/1/marcxml-v1.1-light,maximumRecords=10,recordPacking=XML

(It's not clear to me whether I should percent-encode special characters
such as : and / in the SRU options field. I've tried it with and without
encoding.)

Also for the database field I've tried it both with and without a
leading slash (/). I would have assumed without, but just in case...

sru/search/defaultdb
/sru/search/defaultdb

And since its a regular http: URL, I've assumed port 80.

I continue to get no results when I do an SRU search in Cataloging.

Is there a way to determine what Koha is sending to the SRU server and
what response is sent back? Is this logged anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/6/2016 9:34 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
> Andy, you need to configure Koha so it retrieves MARCXML data from the SRU
> target.

>> I'm hoping someone might be able to see what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying
>> to set up an SRU target for SwissBib. The SRU information for SwissBib is
>> at http://www.swissbib.org/wiki/index.php?title=SRU . (We're using Koha
>> v. 3.18.05.100)
>>
>> I've used the SRU Explain function (
>> http://sru.swissbib.ch/sru/explain?operation=explain ) to get information
>> about search attributes.
>>
>> In setting up the SRU target in Koha, I've used the following.
>>
>> Hostname: sru.swissbib.ch
>> Port: 80
>> Database: sru/search/defaultdb
>> Syntax: UNIMARC
>> Encoding: utf8
>>
>> Additional SRU options: operation=searchRetrieve
>> (I've tried using other SRU options, too, but this seems to be the minimum
>> required.)
>>
>> SRU Search fields mapping:
>> Title - dc:title
>> ISBN - dc:identifier
>> Any - dc:anywhere
>> Author - dc:author
>> ISSN - dc:identifier
>> Standard ID - dc:id
>>
>> The following URL will produce results in my web browser, but I get no
>> results when I do an equivalent SRU search in Koha.
>>

>> http://sru.swissbib.ch/sru/search/defaultdb?query=+dc.anywhere+%3D+verne&operation=searchRetrieve&maximumRecords=10
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts about what's wrong? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Andy Boze, Associate Librarian
>> University of Notre Dame
>> 208 Hesburgh Library