[Koha] Checkbox «Flagged» on subfield visibil ity framework setup

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:01:59 NZST 2015

> At 10:47 PM 8/31/2015 -0300, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>
>> El 31/8/2015 2:38 p. m., "Pablo Bianchi" <pablo.bianchi at gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>> >
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Even I read Koha manual
>> > <
>>
>> http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/master/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks
>> >
>> > (2.4.1.4. Edit Framework Subfields > Advanced constraint values >
>> > Visibility) and bug #9894, but it isn't clear to me what a "flagged"
>> > subfield means.
>>
>> No one knows. It's been there even before programming languages existed.
>>

> Well... It's not in our production 3.8.24, so it's fairly recent.
>
> As far as I can tell it was introduced in 3.12 (which I've never played
> with -- and our cataloguers never even mentioned it during our evaluation
> of 3.20) so somebody should remember it?

The 'hidden' field has been around for a while, it is a free-text field in
your Koha (
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.6/en/catadmin.html#marcbibframeworks).
In 3.12 just happened that we made it more user-friendly. So instead of
writing a weird meaningless number we translated the mapping into what you
see in 3.12+.

Regards
Tomas