[Koha] 952$o subfield not displayed in OPAC

Dibyendra Hyoju dibyendra at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 05:57:07 NZDT 2015

Hi Dave,

We manually add 952 tag and necessary sub-fields in the MARC records
and copy the call number from the relevant tags of MARC into 952$o
field. 952 tag contains holdings information and OPAC displays the
holdings information from 952 tags, not from the MARC tags. So, add
5144 952 tags into your MARC records and copy the call number from 050
to 952$o field using MarcEdit.

I hope this helps!

On 10/1/15, dc12345 <davidchat815 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've recently set up a web server running Koha for a small library at a
> research institute, and I'm having issues with the OPAC in displaying the
> itemcallnumber field. I originally converted my holdings from an Excel file
> to .mrc format with MarcEdit and everything else imported perfectly. I am
> using LCC for my call numbers rather than Dewey, and I changed the
> DefaultClassificationSource to lcc, as well as the itemcallnumber to map to
> 050a. And I'm using the default framework in Koha 3.20.02.
>
> The weird thing is, when I go to edit an individual record as an admin, the
> full call number is there in the 952o subfield, just as it should be. It
> just comes out blank in the OPAC. If I then save the entry without editing
> it, it fixes the issue. I would just edit each book then, but I have 5144
> total books to edit, so there's got to be another way to fix it. Here's an
> example of a MARC record as I originally imported it:
>
> =LDR  00303nam a2200109Ia 45e0
> =008  150928s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d
> =050  \\$aF1435.1 .C46
> =100  \\$aRobin, Cynthia
> =245  \\$aEveryday Life Matters: Maya Farmers at Chan
> =260  \\$bUniversity Press of Florida
> =260  \\$c2013
> =952  \\$aMARI$bMARI$p03403$yBKS
>
> I've also tried adding the 952$o subfield before I import it, but I get the
> same result. By the way, I know my 050 field should be split as
> 050$aF1435.1$b.C46, but I'm an archaeologist and not a librarian (dammit
> Jim!) and didn't realize this when I started this process. But I've also
> imported single books this way and played around with formatting a lot, with
> the same results.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! Other than this hiccup, which is
> surely my fault, I've been very impressed with Koha!
>
> Thanks!
> Dave

Dibyendra Hyoju