[Koha] Koha Fundraising Committee Draft Terms of Reference

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:16:12 NZST 2015

> I don't know how to say this without stepping on anyone's toes, but
> I think this discussion is taking a problematic direction. I don't
> think it is good to tie the general discussion and decision on all
> things fundraising to the personal situation of people that may be
> funded once all is settled.

Mirko and friends, I've had some troubles this week hence the delay to
answer.

I agree 100% with what you say. I actually didn't mean to push any decision
about the Koha Fund with my comment. At all.

I just wanted to publicly support the move from ByWater, Biblibre and
PTFS-Europe to hire Jonathan full-time to work on the project as an
independent developer. And ask them to get creative in solve this with
whatever legal/contractual tool they can find to do it WHILE the discussion
about the Koha Fund (and everything related to it) takes place as it needs
to happen with such an important thing. Once the Koha Fund is established
we can discuss this from another POV. For now, other decision has to be
made by the interested parties.

Kind regards

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi