[Koha] Unexpected behaviour 942 $h (3.18)

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jan 22 12:05:47 NZDT 2015

Is there something funny in your frameworks possibly? Are you using
custom ones that have something unexpected in the definition of 942?

Cheers,
Liz
On 22/01/15 12:00, Elaine Bradtke wrote:
> We're running 3.18.02
> I reported the same problem in 3.14, but it was intermittent.  Now it's
> back again.
>
> When editing a catalogue record, we manually type in the contents of the
> 942$h (call number).  This is usually the last thing that is added before
> saving the record, otherwise we might not have seen what happens next.
> After hitting save, and before the item record comes up, a space and
> numeral 1 magically appear after the call number, completely without our
> input.
>
> Here it is in a record - the call number should be only "QM" as it is in
> the 099 field. It appears to be adding 0001 in the  942 $6 which we have
> set to ignore. If the 1 is successfully deleted from the $h, the 0001 also
> vanishes from $6.
>

> 000 00720ndm a22002057a 4500
> 001 201501211025.nw
> 003 UkLoVW
> 005 20150121224121.0
> 008 150121q1926 enkfmle nn 0 eng d
> 040 _aUkLoVW_beng_cUkLoVW
> 099 _aQM
> 100 1 _913719_aHooton, P. M.
> 245 10 _aManuscript music book /
> 300 _a6 p. :_bmusic ;_c30 cm.
> 500 _aManuscript music book with country morris and sword dance tunes,
> including bass parts in some cases. The name P. M. Hooton is on the front
> cover, probably Miss P. M. Hooton of Norwich who was an EFDS member in the
> 1920s.
> 650 7 _9127_aDance music
> 650 7 _9163_aEngland
> 850 _aUkLoVW
> 942 _2VWML_cMS_hQM 1_n0_6QM0001
> 999 _c65844_d65844
>
> Note: it seems to be happening on every other save.  In other words, edit a
> record once, it's fine. Go back in and edit it again, and the 1 appears.
> Edit it a third time to delete the 1 and it's fine.  This is driving my
> colleagues to distraction.  Any thoughts?

Liz Rea
Catalyst.Net Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House,
150 Willis Street, Wellington.
P.O Box 11053, Manners Street,
Wellington 6142

GPG: B149 A443 6B01 7386 C2C7 F481 B6c2 A49D 3726 38B7