[Koha] FW: Acquisition Help

Joann Ransom JoannR at tetakere.org.nz
Tue Jan 20 12:45:43 NZDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Larissa Dixon
Sent: Tuesday, 20 January 2015 12:45 p.m.
To: Joann Ransom
Subject: RE: [Koha] Acquisition Help

Hi Jo

I don't know the email address of this gentleman, can you forward my reply to him, thanks

Hi Jack

We don't put on orders for donated items.  We do a catalogue search, when the correct record doesn't come up, we click on the Z39.50 search button that comes up on the right hand side of the screen.  We then do the Z39.50 search, find the record we want and download it.  Once you have filled in the relevant details and save the record, it automatically comes up with the box for you to add the item details.

If there is not a Z39.50 record, you can go through the "cataloguing" tab on the front page and add a new record. I just use the default framework and fill in all the relevant details (and click in the right boxes) and then it is just the same as above.

You can also go straight to the "cataloguing" tab to do a Z39.50 record search without searching your catalogue first, if you prefer to do it that way.

I hope this helps.

Larissa Dixon
Collections Librarian

larissad at tetakere.org.nz