[Koha] Multiple Databases

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Dec 16 08:54:50 NZDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:28 AM, vasovskis <saso.vasovski at uticak12.org> wrote:
> I work for a public school district and I have 35 buildings that will need
> their own databases due to duplicate barcodes at each building.  They will
> not re-barcode their books.  Can I run multiple databases on a single server

Yes.  In particular, the Debian/Ubuntu package for Koha includes
control scripts that let you provision and manage multiple Koha
instances on a single server.  When it comes to do an upgrade,
upgrading the package will trigger schema upgrades for every
configured instance.

It's a pity that the libraries can't or won't rebarcode, though -- if
there's any need or desire to transfer or share materials between the
locations, it would be easier to manage that in a single database.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt