[Koha] Design of OPAC

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Dec 9 12:42:19 NZDT 2015

At 11:17 AM 12/8/2015 -0500, Owen Leonard wrote:
[snip]
>If you're genuinely asking a question, rather than snarking about
>upgrades: The HTML5 specification no longer considers "unapi-server"
>an acceptable value for the attribute "rel" on <link> elements. This
>has no effect on the functionality of the OPAC.

It was a genuine question -- I don't "snark" (for whatever that means) but
do remain true to my beliefs in proper coding dating back to pre-transistor
days when computers glowed in the dark, and international standards of
which the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is one authority.

The unAPI conundrum (and thank you for clarifying that this is the problem)
has been ongoing for many years (see 2007
<https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1174/unapi-support-does-not-resolve-relative-urls-in-autodiscovery-link/>)

Perhaps (in a totally non-confrontational perspective) there is a
justification why the error "has no effect on the functionality of the
OPAC" but fails to meet ISO standards
(<http://www.w3.org/2011/07/wspas-pr.html>)? No big thing: curiosity,
accuracy, perhaps even pedantism...

Best -- Paul