[Koha] Few general Koha questions

Aparrish cspsyntech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 08:20:14 NZDT 2015

Hello all,

Busy configuring a new Koha installation and I'm just going to list a bunch
of questions I have. I am struggling a bit with the manual and I haven't had
any luck searching the archives. Pick a topic!

1. When patron self-registration is enabled, there are a number of necessary
fields I can't get to show up, namely, userid, password, and cardnumber (The
project I am working on requires people to fill out their own card number -
they will be unique.) These fields are however accessible from the same
patron template when an account is created on the staff side by
superlibrarian. Any thoughts?

2. Is there any way, after having imported a batch of records, to
auto-generate an item for each record in the batch? I do not have time to
search, by name, for each record in a 5000+ item library and create an item
for it.

3. Following on question 2, is there any way to force the staff interface to
just display every record in the catalog so that if I do have to add each
item manually I can at least do it faster?

Cheers. Thanks for your help.
Andrew