[Koha] Running koha on Debian Jessie.

Alex King alex at king.net.nz
Thu Apr 30 14:08:31 NZST 2015

I have been given the task of checking an install of koha running on a
recently installed Debian server.

The instance is a 3.19 snapshot installed from a deb from
koha-community.org running on Debian 7.7 (Wheezy).

I'd like to upgrade the OS to Debian 8 (Jessie), which has recently been
released as stable.

I came across a message from Robin, which I can't find now, to the
effect that a dependency issue required a patch which was due to land in
3.18.06.

So after I take a backup, I'm going to (up)grade koha to 3.18.06 and the
OS to 8.0.  Is anyone aware of outstanding issues running this
configuration?

The wiki documentation at
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian seems out of date,
further down the page it talks about squeeze and even lenny. I assume
stable packages are targeted for wheezy or both wheezy and squeeze.

If there are no objections, I'll update that page to refer to wheezy
instead, and put a note to the effect that it should be possible to run
it on jessie but as of April 2015 it's a less well tested configuration
than running on Wheezy.

Thanks,
Alex