[Koha] browse shelf for serials without items

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Apr 14 05:57:58 NZST 2015

It sounds as if that would be a workaround.
 Interesting that the browse shelf is based on the item level record,
possibly because collection and shelving location is kept there too?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM, Giuseppe Angilella <
Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it> wrote:

> Dear Kohaers,
>
> while it is possible to assign a call number to a serial subscription, as
> far as I understand, it is currently not possible to have a serial shown
> with the "browse shelf" function, unless that serial has items (with their
> own, proper call numbers).
>
> I wonder whether it is possible to circumvent this limitation, perhaps
> adding one "fake" item to the record for that serial.
>
> (Apologies for duplicate posting to both the users and the developers
> lists, as I feel my question might receive either an answer based on
> current usage, or possibly stimulate an enhancement of the browse shelf
> function.)
>
> Many thanks and best regards,
>
> Giuseppe.

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)