[Koha] Export Athena / import Koha

jrbk itdept at racsonline.org
Thu Sep 25 14:02:41 NZST 2014

FYI: I am a total novice at Koha. I had an acquaintance set up a Ubuntu
server with Koha on it. The server is running just fine and can only be
accessed in-house. We are using it for a small library at a private school.
It is replacing the outdated Athena. I created a superuser and have logged
in and am starting to set things up...

I followed the directions on this wiki in order to export the MARC records
from Athena in order to import it into Koha.

http://library.bridgton.lib.me.us/BPL_mediawiki/index.php/Exporting_Athena_Holdings_Data_and_Importing_it_into_Koha

I was able to accomplish all of the steps without any errors or issues...

I then went into "Manage staged MARC records" from the Tools menu and
imported the MARC records into the catalog. I am able to search for each
item by title or author, etc. The problem that I am having is that it didn't
seem to transfer the Barcode information. All of our books are already
labeled so it is advantageous for us to keep the old Barcode system since
there are roughly 9000 items.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.