[Koha] Default to logged in branch vs "all branches'

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:01:15 NZST 2014

The problem is that these libraries often want this behavior without using
IB. I think the problem with IndependentBranches is 1) It's an all or
nothing approach, 2) It must be implemented by hand for each feature, and
3) it has no flexibility. That's why I began working on independent groups.
However, the idea I'm working on is more along the lines of having
permissions defined on a per-branch basis so LibrarianA can edit patrons
for branches A, B and C, can modify items for branch A, and can add
holidays for branches A and B and so forth. We'd also have a 'super' for
each permission. We could even have a 'default' if we wanted to so a
library could edit say circ rules for "All libraries" and for branches A
and B.

But to answer your question, these bugs don't affect IndependentBranches at
all.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )