[Koha] Subject links not obeying 'UseAuthoritiesForTracings' setting

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Thu Oct 30 05:08:53 NZDT 2014

Thanks for your reply, François.

We have UseAuthoritiesForTracings set to "Don't use", but the results
we're seeing in the OPAC is exactly as you describe it should be for
"Use". (Well, with one exception. The author is not linked to an
authority record, only subjects and added authors, etc.) We don't use
Koha's XSLT.

For our purposes, since we're not really interested in the authority
links, we've now removed the XXX$9 subfields from all the bib records,
at least until we can find a remedy for the problem.

We'd be interested in hearing from others using Koha 3.14.7 who could
confirm that the "Don't use" setting is having the expected results.

Francois Charbonnier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is your set up? Is UseAuthoritiesForTracings set up to "use" ou
> "don't use"? Do you use koha's xslt?
>
> I would think it's "use" and that these biblios are linked to authorities.
>
> Check if you have XXX$9 in the biblios entry and access fields. If
> UseAuthoritiesForTracings is set up to "use", you should have this type
> of link : link to "an:###". But for the rest of the biblios, with no
> XXX$9, you will have "su:Words". That's the way, it should work.
>
> If UseAuthoritiesForTracings is set up to "dont use", you should only
> have this type of link : "su:Words"
>
> François
>

> François Charbonnier,
> Bibl. prof. / Chef de produits
>
> Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
> francois.charbonnier at inLibro.com <mailto:francois.charbonnier at inLibro.com>
>
> inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>
> Le 2014-10-09 11:07, Justin Rittenhouse a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> We're working on upgrading our instance of Koha from 3.6.4 to 3.14.7, and
>> we've run into an issue with the UseAuthoritiesForTracings setting. It
>> doesn't appear that Koha is obeying this setting, as we're seeing some
>> subjects link to "an:###" searches instead of "su:Words" searches. The
>> tricky part is that it's only some records, not all. It appears to be
>> on a
>> bib by bib basis. We're not actually using authorities at this point, but
>> at some point in the past some authorities records were created. Is there
>> something we're missing, or something we should be deleting to correct
>> this?
>>
>> Justin

Andy Boze, Associate Librarian
University of Notre Dame