[Koha] Migrating from L4U

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Oct 7 05:00:47 NZDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Zeno Tajoli <z.tajoli at cineca.it> wrote:
> Il 06/10/2014 17:35, Curtis Rempel ha scritto:
>> 2) I'm not sure that I am able to capture circulation information and
>> transfer that to koha.  If not,
>> would it make more sense to do a gradual migration where items are
>> returned in L4U to then be checked
>> out in koha going forward until all items have been returned?
>

> during migration work is quite unusual to migrate live circulation
> information. Ad only for 3000 items.
> The option "items are returned in L4U to then be checked out in koha" is
> more usual.
> With a force day like "all book MUST return for xxx"

It's not actually all that unusual to migrate current circulation
information, and if one can get the required data out (i.e., patron
identifier, item identifier, checkout date, and due date), not
particularly hard.

That said, for a small collection, it would be very reasonable to
return items in L4U and check out new loans in Koha.  As Zeno
suggests, if you can put out a call for all items to be returned, that
could reduce the time you have to run both systems.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton