[Koha] Adding a field to an existing record

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Nov 13 13:49:35 NZDT 2014

Hi Stacy,

Try this:

Go to More -> Administration -> MARC Bibliographic Framework
Click MARC Structure next to the framework you'd like to edit
Search for 910 in the "Search for Tag" box
Click Subfields next to the 910
Click Edit next to subfield a (or whichever subfield you are wanting to
show in the editor)
Click "Advanced constraints"
Tick the box for "editor"
Click Save

Cheers,
Liz

On 13/11/14 13:15, Stacy Pober wrote:
> We're using Koha version 3.16.04.000.
>
> Sometimes we want to edit a MARC record in Koha and add a field that is not
> already in the record - for example, a 910 field.  The 910 field is listed
> in the framework set up for that record type, but when we go to the editing
> interface the field is not present.
>
> How can we make sure a field that is in a framework is available for
> editing?  It's not a mandatory field, and we don't wish to make it one.
> There are various empty fields available, but this particular one is not.
> What controls the presence or absence of a particular field in Koha's
> record editing module?
>
> (I know we can add this field prior to importing it into the catalog.  This
> is for those occasions when we want to add it after import.)
>
> Stacy

Liz Rea
Catalyst.Net Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House,
150 Willis Street, Wellington.
P.O Box 11053, Manners Street,
Wellington 6142

GPG: B149 A443 6B01 7386 C2C7 F481 B6c2 A49D 3726 38B7