[Koha] Adding a field to an existing record

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Thu Nov 13 13:15:42 NZDT 2014

We're using Koha version 3.16.04.000.

Sometimes we want to edit a MARC record in Koha and add a field that is not
already in the record - for example, a 910 field.  The 910 field is listed
in the framework set up for that record type, but when we go to the editing
interface the field is not present.

How can we make sure a field that is in a framework is available for
editing?  It's not a mandatory field, and we don't wish to make it one.
There are various empty fields available, but this particular one is not.
What controls the presence or absence of a particular field in Koha's
record editing module?

(I know we can add this field prior to importing it into the catalog.  This
is for those occasions when we want to add it after import.)

Stacy

--
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist