[Koha] Focus lost when using barcode scanner

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 14:08:38 NZST 2014

I have been really puzzled about this one, and I do not know if this is a koha issue, but maybe people have had the same problem.

When I scan a barcode for checking out or checking in I loose focus after scanning the first item, I have to click on the box to get my focus back. The focus seems to move to the search box.
Obviously this is really annoying if you have to scan more than one item.

This behaviour started after I upgraded to Wheezy. When I type in barcodes manually there are no issues.
When I scan barcodes in gedit, the behaviour seems to be exactly the same as when I type the barcode.

So, if I scan barcode 12345, it shows that barcode and the cursor ends up on the next line, same as when I type the barcode and hit enter.

Using Koha 3.15.00.029 on Linux debian 3.2.57-3 i686 GNU / Linux