[Koha] Upgrade Problems

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon May 5 12:08:46 NZST 2014

Joel Ewy schreef op vr 02-05-2014 om 01:48 [+0000]:
> I followed the instructions at:
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Moving_an_installation_from_a_regular_install_to_the_Debian_packages
> and imported a backup of the database into a new instance.  I can now run
> the programs to update the database schema and rebuild the Zebra index, but
> only using sudo, which I take it mangles the permissions for Zebra.

Exactly how are you doing this? Are you using the proper commands,
referenced here?

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages

If you messed up permissions, you need to follow the instructions here:

http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2013-July/036861.html

> Also, now I can't log into the administrative intranet.  I copied the
> username and password from my old koha-conf.xml to the new one, and that had

Don't do that, it won't work. You've now got Koha thinking the password
is one thing, and the database thinking the password is another thing.

You need to put it back how it was, and use that new username
(koha_instancename) and password to log in. Keeping in mind that this
login is purely to get initial setup done, after that use the real
accounts in the database.

> 1.  It's unclear to me what user account I'm supposed to be using to rebuild
> the Zebra index.  I have an Ubuntu user called 'koha' that was inherited
> from 10.04, and when I created a new instance, another user 'bcmckoha14' was

Really? That's not the sort of username that the packages create. They
would be 'instancename-koha'. Where did bcmckoha14 come from?

The what user question is addressed by using the correct koha-*
commands, with sudo, and let them work out the user stuff for you.

> 2.  Where are Koha admin authentication failures logged?  I assume that
> every time I fail to log in to localhost:8080 that should be logged
> somewhere.  Knowing where might set me on the trail of why this is now failing.

I'm not sure exactly how it logs it, but all logs should end up
in /var/log/koha/instancename.

> 3.  I have tried reinstalling Zebra, and it grabs a password I had created
> for the kohaadmin account from somewhere and inserts it into its own
> otherwise fresh config files.  What are the Zebra username and password
> supposed to authenticate against?  A user account on the system?  A MySQL
> user?  Where and when is this created, and how can I fix it now that it's
> goofed up?

koha-create makes all the passwords up when you create the instance. The
zebra username and password is how Koha authenticates against zebra.
Reinstalling zebra won't change any files under /etc/koha, they are
totally managed by koha.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.