[Koha] Wipe Koha database (just auth and biblio records)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 3 11:21:50 NZST 2014

Pablo Bianchi schreef op ma 02-06-2014 om 14:33 [-0300]:
> Am I right? This could be risky, having side effects?

This could have nasty side-effects.

By turning off the constraint checks, you're not going to have any
messages telling you reasons why you shouldn't do what you're doing. For
example, circulation history, serial subscriptions, reserves, and
anything else that links with biblios and/or items aren't going to be
cleared. This means that you'll have entries in them pointing to things
that don't exist.

Some better solutions might be to:
      * Set up your database as you want it but empty, back it up, and
        use that to restore from. This won't account for syspref changes
        however.
      * Do 'DELETE FROM table;' and then reset the auto numbering back
        to 1, something like 'ALTER TABLE table AUTO INCREMENT=1;'
        This'll ensure that things that should be deleted via
        constraints will be, or it won't let you do it. Also ensure that
        things that aren't constraint-linked are deleted (I think
        old_issues is one of these.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.