[Koha] Can't import to catalogue

Frederic Edmont frederic.edmont at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:14:13 NZST 2014

Hello,

I'm new to Koha and I haven't been able to import biblio in the catalog for
a while now.

Here is what I've done:
I imported biblios using a .mrc file but those biblios only show up in the
reservoir in the cataloguing search.
Then I supposed I had to create 1 item for each biblio but still, searching
in the catalogue finds nothing. Even after several days zebra doesn't
update its database (Second question how can I update database
automatically whenever I add a biblio).
Finally, I used the command line koha-rebuild-zebra and... Miracle items
are in the catalogue searching with keyword BUT those are empty: there is
no data in it as if it didn't use biblios to fill them.

Here are my questions:
1. Is it possible to show biblios instead of items ine the catalogue
search? or automatically create one item of each?
2. how can I update database automatically whenever I add a biblio? Wiki
says it's done every 20mins or so but after one week mine doesn't seem to
work that way.
3.Most important: Why are my items empty??? when i try to modify them it
either redirect me to a new item creation page or to an error page about
additem.pl (Can't call method "fields" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/additem.pl line 647.)

Hope someone can help me.

Regards