[Koha] Biblio appears twice (absolute duplicate down to timestamp and biblio and control numbers)

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Jul 15 07:32:43 NZST 2014

Koha 3.14.06

Quite a while back we had a problem with duplicate biblios appearing for
newly added catalogue records.
But this time it's only one.  It is an exact duplicate of a record that had
an item added to it (not a new catalogue record).  A search on the biblio
number returns both records, one says no items, the other has four items
attached.  However if you click on the record with no items, it shows the
four items attached, if you click on the "next" button, it shows the same
record.
Looking at the MARC in two separate windows, they are absolutely identical
- time stamp, biblionumber, control number.  This shouldn't be possible.
I don't know how to fix this, because I can't tell which is the ghost and
which is the original.   I'm tempted to export the record. Delete both
copies, and then re import the record.
We run Koha on a virtual machine, and I hear that there was a reboot over
the weekend and our test site froze. Production only seems to have suffered
this one glitch as far as we can tell. Re-indexing didn't seem to help. Is
there is a particular command we need to use to resolve duplicate biblios?

Any ideas?
--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler