[Koha] patron categories [bulkmarcimport]

Eric Lease Morgan eric_morgan at infomotions.com
Mon Jul 7 03:19:49 NZST 2014

On Jul 5, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Eric Lease Morgan <eric_morgan at infomotions.com> wrote:

>> I recommend that you downgrade to MySQL 5.5, or better install on top of Ubuntu LTS/Debian Wheeze. I recommend Ubuntu 12.04 Server. And follow the official instructions [2].
>>
>> [1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html
>> [2] http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages
>

> Alas, I can not afford to downgrade MySQL nor find an additional operating system. Instead, I have installed Koha version 3.16.01 on a machine with MySQL 5.1. Tomorrow I will dump the initialized database and import it into MySQL on a different machine where I plan to run Koha for “real". Wish me luck. I’m making progress.

Four steps forward and three steps back.

I installed Koha 3.16.01 on a different host. I dumped the database. I installed Koha 3.16.01 on yet a different host, sans database initialization. Then, my hand, I populated my koha database with the database dump from the first host. After doing this I was able to add patrons, namely, myself. There were no weird errors. All of this was four steps forward. Then I:

  1. used the Z39.50 interface to add some bibliographic records. I searched the Library of Congress for books on origami. I got a list. I tried to add one to my catalog. After filling out a number of fields I said go, but it did not save. I forget what the error was. I tried other searches, and no matter what I searched for I got no results. It seemingly broke. One step backwards.

  2. tried to stage some records. Import. See all 1,400 of them. I cleaned them. I try to import the staged records and get "No data available in table”. A second step backwards.

  3. su’ed to the koha user. I set my environment variables. I ran bulkimport.pl and I got the same errors as before. ".DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Field 'marcxml' doesn't have a default value at /usr/local/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 3222, <GEN15> line 1465. ERROR in _koha_add_biblioitem INSERT INTO biblioitems SET” Searches against my OPAC return Zebra error 109. I have no bibliographic data. A third step backward.

I’m running out of options. I will:

  1. try to repeat the above process but with version 3.14
  2. break down and use my “different host”

—
Eric