[Koha] patron categories [bulkmarcimport]

Eric Lease Morgan eric_morgan at infomotions.com
Sun Jul 6 04:07:19 NZST 2014

On Jul 4, 2014, at 10:43 PM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric, the problem seems to be MySQL 5.6, I haven't got through a detailed review (I don't have it for testing right now) but there are several changes since MySQL 5.5, notably several default configurations and other backwards incompatible changes [1].
>
> I recommend that you downgrade to MySQL 5.5, or better install on top of Ubuntu LTS/Debian Wheeze. I recommend Ubuntu 12.04 Server. And follow the official instructions [2].
>
> Also, I'd like you to fill a bug in our tracker http://bugs.koha-community.org
> Name it something like 'Webinstaller fails to load sql data on MySQL 5.6'. Please paste the errors you saw, not all of them, but a representative example.
>
> Hopefully we can find a solution for this. Unfortunately not everyone might be interested as the vast majority of the devs, so please be patient, or ask for advise on the bug itself if you want to provide a fix yourself.
>
> [1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html
> [2] http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages

Alas, I can not afford to downgrade MySQL nor find an additional operating system. Instead, I have installed Koha version 3.16.01 on a machine with MySQL 5.1. Tomorrow I will dump the initialized database and import it into MySQL on a different machine where I plan to run Koha for “real". Wish me luck. I’m making progress.

And, I will file a bug report.

—
Eric Lease Morgan