[Koha] Check-in issue after upgrade

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 01:15:05 NZDT 2014

Hi everyone,

   I've already solved this issue for myself and thought I'd post in case
anyone else sees a similar issue.   I recently upgraded an environment from
3.02.02 to 3.14.03 and after the apparently successful upgrade we were
unable to check-in any overdue items.   When we tried to check-in via the
Circulation>Check-in interface we would receive:

No branchcode argument passed to Koha::Calendar->new at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Overdues.pm line 299

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

And in order to resolve it, since we don't charge fines anyway, I disabled
the "CalculateFinesOnReturn" preference setting at Administration>Global
System Preferences>Circulation and now receive no error.  My guess is that
it had something to do with the 'default' fine rules I had set previously,
but again since we don't do fines anyway I was OK with just turning them
off.   Hope this helps someone else.

Steve