[Koha] Location and item information (Marc 952) from Koha 2.x to 3.14

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Feb 17 08:18:36 NZDT 2014

On 17 February 2014 08:15, Giuseppe Angilella
<Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it> wrote:
> Dear Chris,
>
> thanks for replying.
>

> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Chris Cormack wrote:
>
>> Item data in 3.4.x and above is no longer stored in the MARC but in
>> the items table, did you run the script to tidy that up?
>

> I cannot be sure: I've performed an installation from packages, and several
> migration scripts were run automatically.

However the move items one is explicitly not, as it can take a long time.

You need to run
koha-upgrade-to-3.4 <instancename>

>> misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
>

> The documentation says it would "remove the 9XX fields in the bib records
> that store a (now) duplicate copy of the item record information". I assume
> these only include subfields within the 952 tag (say, 999c and 999d would
> not be removed, as they specify the biblionumber).
>

>> Item data in 3.4.x and above is no longer stored in the MARC but in
>

> True: Other users with my same problem will find more details here:
>
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx)
>
> However, the Marc framework coming with 3.x (3.14 here) does include
> mappings from subfields under the 952 tag to specific columns in the items
> table. And I can see these fields in the Marc records entered using the new
> framework. Is that intentional, say for backward compatibility? (which, in
> fact, is producing here some in-compatibility!)

It looks like they are in the MARC, we display it that way, they are
stored entirely in the items table though, not in the
biblioitems.marcxml blob.

That is why new items are fine.

Chris