[Koha] Comparing Koha

Gyaneshwar Narayan gyaneshwar.narayan at usp.ac.fj
Tue Apr 8 15:14:23 NZST 2014

Good afternoon from Fiji

May I humbly request if anyone has a detailed analysis of Koha in comparison to other LMS systems e.g. NewGenlib and Evergreen in relation to the modules such Acquisition, Serials, Circulation, Cataloguing Reporting, Supervisor and Manuals.

I ask this because we are trying to find a alternative to our current LMS system, Athena.

Athena is no longer supported and the company which bought the previous company which sold us Athena only has a commercial software called Destiny.

Destiny is an easy option to choose because of data migration is easy, however, I want to be sure that I have analysed Koha, NewGenlib and Evergreen first before making a decision on which LMS to replace Athena.

Your prompt response and assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards.