[Koha] Framework Question

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Apr 4 13:04:57 NZDT 2014

At 10:39 AM 4/4/2014 +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
>Nicole Engard schreef op do 03-04-2014 om 09:46 [-0500]:
> > If I delete a framework that is being used what will happen if I go to
> > edit one of those bib records? Will it just use Default?
[snip]
>If a field is made mandatory, it might
>reject the save in a confusing way (I'm not sure if mandatoryness is
>enforced outside of the web interface, and if it is, what it does on
>failure.)

[Koha 3.8.5] I can confirm that it only appears to have an influence when
re-saving a biblio. We made 300$3 "mandatory" for 'books' (but not default)
and all the biblios in the default framework (some marc-edit imports and
other "mistakes") work perfectly except the missing value is "highlighted
in yellow" on re-save.

Minor point on the side: the "yellow highlight" works well for 'biblios'
but fails for 'items' despite a pop-up asking for the "yellow" value to be
entered.  Anyone else noticed/fixed this?

Best -- Paul