[Koha] Framework Question

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Apr 4 10:39:54 NZDT 2014

Nicole Engard schreef op do 03-04-2014 om 09:46 [-0500]:
> If I delete a framework that is being used what will happen if I go to
> edit one of those bib records? Will it just use Default?

I would expect this:

      * Cataloguer opens bib record for editing, selects framework X
      * Edit page populates according to the framework
      * You modify framework X
      * Cataloguer saves record
      * Record saves in accordance with the updated framework, using the
        data from the non-updated framework.

It probably wouldn't cause any issues, but if you deleted a field, that
info would most likely vanish. If a field is made mandatory, it might
reject the save in a confusing way (I'm not sure if mandatoryness is
enforced outside of the web interface, and if it is, what it does on
failure.)

For the most part, it'd be very similar to updating a framework, opening
an old record, hitting save.

Note that I haven't tested this nor read that code recently, but it's
what makes sense in my head :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.