[Koha] Open source replacement for 3M self check station

Chad Roseburg croseburg at ncrl.org
Thu Sep 26 05:16:19 NZST 2013

I can confirm that the first two are pretty easy to implement with Koha and
pure open source. We also use Elo touchscreens with ours. Any computer with
enough juice to cough up a web browser should suffice. You will be able to
better/easily tweak the interface to better suit touchscreens in Koha 3.12
...we currently use tampermonkey for this, but when we move to 3.12 we'll
be able to streamline things.

A barrier to Koha selfcheck implementation would [ might ] be if you needed
non-generic equipment like security strip readers, RFID equipment like
Galen mentioned. The basic touchscreen kiosk with scanner and even receipt
printer is very doable with Koha currently.

Chad

Chad Roseburg
Automation Dept.
North Central Regional Library