[Koha] Foolproof backup suggestions

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:51:55 NZST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 3:09 AM, clint.deckard
<clint.deckard at frontiers.co.nz> wrote:

> I am donating a server with Koha 3.12 on Debian 7 via packages for a school
> in Vanuatu and would like suggestions for a simple backup strategy.
> The 'server' will not actually be network connected, so it will be used as a
> standalone workstation (at least to begin with). There will be no technical
> support available.
> My first thought was to use koha-run-backups and change the location to the
> desktop of the user that will access Koha. With the thought they could drag
> and drop the backup folder to a usb drive when needed. But it appears the
> --location: argument does not work with koha-run-backups.

Year and half back i faced field conditions very similar in terms of
almost no post-deployment support. I cooked up a couple of scripts
around koha-run-backups.

Have a look at this video, if you thing something like this will be
useful, I'll share the scripts and instructions on the Koha wiki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwuBs0KqlSw (apologies for the poor
vidcap quality)

cheers

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg