[Koha] Git vs. Released versions - preferences?

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Thu Oct 3 02:59:54 NZDT 2013

I'm starting to work through a new install of Koha for a new site. Up
until now, I've only installed and upgraded from the released versions.
But I'm wondering if I would be better off installing from the git
repositories.

What are people using if they only plan to install fully released
versions.  Is there an advantage to installing from the git repository
if we won't be looking for the latest patches?  Are upgrades made easier
if git is used?

Thanks for your advice,
Tom

      Tom Hanstra                              Sr. Systems Administrator
      Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
      208 Hesburgh Library                     Email: tom at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

                  First of the fall and there she goes back.
                          Bye, bye, bye, bye there!