[Koha] Building Live DVD

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 00:49:43 NZDT 2013

Dear Vinod,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Vinod Kumar Mishra <
vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> So what good things can be done with koha you can share because several
> people do not share and using koha for huge financial benefits.

No offense but your understanding of GPLv3 is sightly misplaced. :-)
Freedom 0 : the freedom to use the software for any purpose

That includes, hold you breathe, *commercial* purposes as well. It is free
as in freedom, not as in free mangoes. As we from FSF's India chapter say
"Mukt not Muft".

Koha from it earliest Katipo days have been written in large measures via
end-user sponsored/funded development. And yet it has remained true to Free
Software philosophy rather than descending into open core. LibLime
(Metavore) and its subsequent owner PTFS attempted that, but it resulted in
a fork, as the global community rejected the open core approach.

cheers
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg