[Koha] Serials (multiple items)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Nov 15 14:41:09 NZDT 2013

Paul schreef op do 14-11-2013 om 20:28 [-0500]:
> I have just been asked (more a comment than a complaint) why serials with
> several items come up on the OPAC with:
>
> "This record has many physical items. Click here to view them all."  Is
> this a reasonable message for an OPAC user?

In theory, because displaying thousands of items can cause some browser
to bog down, also loading them all all the time takes koha a while
(there are quite a number of redundant database connections going on per
item, we've been slowly working on reducing them.) However, it seems to
load them all anyway even if it's not going to immediately show them, it
perhaps shouldn't do that.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.