[Koha] Cannot find items after update

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:43:39 NZDT 2013

Greetings,

> Each time I try to build the index it abruptly ends,
> I don't know why or what is causing it to end abruptly.

In the past, I encountered similar bizarre stops when there was a memory
shortage.

How much memory (RAM) does your machine have? I personally would aim for 2GB
at least, 4GB if you are running a desktop (graphical) version of Ubuntu.
Does it have swap space?

$ free -m
This command will give you an idea of the megabytes of RAM you have free.

If you notice it is particularly low (100MB or less), try to stop the apache
server, reindex, and the restart the apache server:
$ sudo service apache2 stop
$ sudo service apache2 start

If this succeeds, then you do have a memory issue, and you need to get more,
add/increase swap space, or find out what you don't need running and stop
that. Sadly, you need Apache to be running to have Koha work.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett