[Koha] Help with Serial Prediction Pattern

Francois Charbonnier francois.charbonnier at biblibre.com
Mon Mar 11 10:03:48 NZDT 2013

Hi Nicole,

Your "inner counters" look wrong.
Set "O" and it should work.

You have to set up the inner counter only when you start receiving in
the middle of a cycle.

Here is how the inner counter works with your example :

inner counter = 0
> vol. 4, no. 1, iss. 796

inner counter = 1
> vol. 4, no. 2, iss. 797

inner counter = 2
> vol. 4, no. 3, iss. 798

inner counter = 3
> vol. 4, no. 4, iss. 799

inner counter = 4
> vol. 4, no. 5, iss. 800

inner counter = 5
> vol. 4, no. 6, iss. 801

inner counter = 0
> vol. 5, no. 1, iss. 802

inner counter = 1
> vol. 5, no. 2, iss. 803

inner counter = 2
> vol. 5, no. 3, iss. 804

inner counter = 3
> vol. 5, no. 4, iss. 805

inner counter = 4
> vol. 5, no. 5, iss. 806

inner counter = 5
> vol. 5, no. 6, iss. 807

So if, the first issue to receive is "vol. 4, no. 1, iss. 796", you
need to set up "inner counter = 0"

But if it's "vol. 4, no. 2, iss. 797", the inner counter should be "1".
This way koha knows where the "receiving cycle" starts. In that case,
Koha will add "1" to the volume after 5 issues because you told Koha to
start after 1 issue he would have received if you started at the
beginning of the "receiving cycle".

Hope it works! ;^)

François

Le 2013-03-10 21:45, Nicole Engard a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I need some help getting a serial to work.  The pattern goes like
> this:
>
> vol. 4, no. 1, iss. 796
> vol. 4, no. 2, iss. 797
> vol. 4, no. 3, iss. 798
> vol. 4, no. 4, iss. 799
> vol. 4, no. 5, iss. 800
> vol. 4, no. 6, iss. 801
> vol. 5, no. 1, iss. 802
> vol. 5, no. 2, iss. 803
> vol. 5, no. 3, iss. 804
> vol. 5, no. 4, iss. 805
> vol. 5, no. 5, iss. 806
> vol. 5, no. 6, iss. 807
>
> Where the volume changes once a year.  The issues arrive irregularly
> throughout the year.  I set up the subscription like this :
>
> http://screencast.com/t/rtBUMABdE
>
> and this:
>
> http://screencast.com/t/kW5UcMHF
>
> But when I generate serials I get the volume rolling over after
> number 2:
>
> http://screencast.com/t/mG8wS4IX
>
> and
>
> http://screencast.com/t/e5zfnqkY
>
> (ignore the missing dates that's cause I didn't actually receive
> them).  So
> my question is - what does everyone thing I need to change to get the
> volume to roll over after 6 instead of after 1?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Nicole

François Charbonnier
http://www.biblibre.com/