[Koha] 505 tag: formatted contents notes

Charles Hill chhi9337 at Colorado.EDU
Wed Mar 6 12:05:48 NZDT 2013

Paula,

We do a lot of 505 entering at the Natural Hazards Center, and are lucky enough to have a computer science student working for us. We had him make us a script that replicates $t and $r as many times as you need and chains them as $t /$r.[1] This cuts down on time considerably by taking out the need to manually clone and re-position the fields. Also, you don't have to clone the entire field, because you can chain the subfields together under a single 505.

You will need to install Grease Monkey for Firefox to run the script (it works by far best on Firefox. Chrome has some sandbox issues with some of the function calls).[2] Then simply go to the UserScripts page and press install (do not press the big 'Download' button, it's for something else entirely). It puts a box to the left of the 505 in which you type the number of $t /$r pairs you want. Then all you have to do is make both indicators 0, songs in $t's, artists in $r's, and you're in business.

If you want to know anything more about the script or anything, you can contact me. You can also do bug reports to me to help us improve it. Hope this helps.

Ed Hill
Technical Services Librarian
Natural Hazards Center
University of Colorado, Boulder