[Koha] Generating reports of values in 001

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Jun 20 00:57:52 NZST 2013

Glenda,

Hello, there have been previous posts on this issue but no satisfactory
> answers yet. I have posted the following query in Nicole Engard's ByWater
> Solutions website and she has referred me to this group in case the SQL
> queries
> <
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Withdrawn_Titles_Li
> st_to_Send_to_OCLC>  she pointed me to don't work:
>
> "I still can't find a good way to generate a report of the values stored in
> the 001 tag, either from Koha's report wizard or creating SQL queries using
> "ExtractValue(marcxml,'//controlfield[@tag="001"]') AS OCLC Control
> Number".
> And there's no easy way to map a Koha field to 001 and/or 003 to be able to
> run reports that include these control fields. I would appreciate some
> help."
>
> Is this a data issue? Why don't the ExtractValue function work? There's
> data
> in the 'marcxml' or 'marc' fields when I simply select them in a query?

I'm not sure what the problem you are encountering is, but I wanted to make
sure to point out that the 001 field does not necessarily contain the
OCLC#, and if you want the OCLC# you should always get it from the 035,
like this:
ExtractValue(marcxml, '//datafield[@tag="035"]/subfield[@code="a" and
contains(text(), "OCoLC")]') AS 'OCLC Accession Number'.

I also noticed that in the quoted section in your e-mail 'OCLC Control
Number' is not in quotes, but should be, which may be the problem you are
encountering.

A final suggestion is that the version of MySQL you have installed may be
too old to support ExtractValue, in which case the only solution would be
to upgrade.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/