[Koha] KohaCon 13 Update Here Instead of Calling an IRC Meeting.

Keener, Nancy NKeener at washoecounty.us
Thu Jul 25 04:18:17 NZST 2013

Hi everyone.

It's time to think about registering for KohaCon 13 in Reno, Nevada, this October.
We have 84 people registered so far.

If you are planning to come, please register and have your room reserved before Sept. 15th.

We are getting some support, and we will have a page listing those who have given some financial help to the conference.

The program is set and I will begin working on getting it ready for printing.   http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon13_Program

I visited Lake Tahoe two weeks ago and took a cruise on the Tahoe Queen paddle-wheeler.  It holds about 300 people and the cruise lasts for 2 ½ hours.  Lots of fun!

http://koha-community.org/kohacon/kohacon13/activites-reno-lake-tahoe

I will be talking to a tour company about our Saturday trip, almost everyone who is registered wants to go.

I am putting together a mail group of the people who have registered, so that I can send out regular information directly to them.

The weather here has been over 100 degrees F, or 37.7 degrees C (hot) all week, and we have had some thunderstorms.  We don't always get rain, but we get lightening, so we have had a few fires.

The weather in October is sometimes the last bit of summer, other times we have snow by the end of the month.

Nancy Keener
Systems Librarian
I.T.O.S.C. Chair
KohaCon 13 Chair