[Koha] How to devise data in CSV file to upload in off-line circulation?

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 21:41:21 NZST 2013

Hi Vimal,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Vimal Kumar V. <vimal0212 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our SOUL software circulation data avaliable in excel sheet,
> and details are devised in each columns as follows,
>
> patroncardnumber  bookaccnumber issuedate duedate
>
> How can we prepare this excel sheet to upload in Koha offline circulation
> tool?

You did not specify if you mean to use Kyle's Windows tool or the KOCT
Firefox plugin

Either way, both will allow you to capture the following basic data:

Transaction timestamp (which will answer for your issue date)
Transaction type - issue / return
Patron ID / Barcode
Item ID / Barcoder

Your Due date requirement will be serviced by your circ rules set up
in Koha, so no need to add them. Also note that your SOUL template did
not indicate the transaction type - issue / return, this needs to be
there in the sheet you plan on converting.

The .koc file format is here -
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_offline_circulation_file_format

As for the plugin root, the concerned file generated is a sqlite db -
offlinecirc.sqlite. It is a simple table.

MS-Excel -> CSV export -> .koc or offlinecirc.sqlite would be the
recommended workflow.

cheers
-indra

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg