[Koha] Help Re: Journal Articles

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 17:40:32 NZST 2013

   Hi! Ms. Alice, we were using index to Periodical Article here at the House
of Representatives (hreplib.congress.gov.ph sample article:
http://hreplib.congress.gov.ph/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=49998),
but our librarians-in-charge for indexing newspaper articles (CIS) like it
more with Wordpress (hreplib.congress.gov.ph/cis). At first, there was no
analytics for records but when analytics came in I let them use it. What
actually burdens my colleagues in using Koha for analytics or index to
newspaper articles is the need to input the newspapers first and then add
articles and map them to corresponding newspapers. There is actually two way
to do this, Add from Cataloging the Article then map them in MARC tag 773 or
from the Newspaper item add analytics (Please correct me Koha users if I'm
right? Can't remember it fully, since I haven't used this Koha feature for a
while). On another note, How do we make it easy to use this feature? I've
been saying to our CIS librarians to instead use Koha ILS for our newspaper
articles, instead of using Wordpress which is a CMS and does not even have
Advance Search features.
   I have MARC Bibliographic Framework for Newspaper Articles, if you want I
can send you the framework since starting 3.10 (?) importing of
Bibliographic Framework is already available.