[Koha] Cron does not trigger email notifications script - help

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jul 2 02:57:50 NZST 2013

Op 01/07/13 15:24, Mark Tompsett schreef:
> Again, don’t edit /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm

This is important. If you're using the packages, everything is set up
for you. You don't need to be editing cron jobs or scripts. There are
exceptions, but you're likely to know when you need one of those exceptions.

> Since your instance name is mvs, I would try something like (no promises this is correct, but the idea is sound as confirmed by MJ Ray’s other email):
> $ env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/mvs/koha-conf.xml /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

The env is unnecessary, also you're not accounting for the permissions
required to read the koha-conf.xml, so it won't work.

> Or why not just set them (this only lasts the current session):
> $ PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
> $ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/mvs/koha-conf.xml
> $ /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

This won't work for the same reason, though is an improvement.

The best way to do this would be to run:

$ sudo koha-shell mvs

then your environment is set up, and you don't have to worry about typos
or something not working quite right.

However, all this is irrelevant to the problem.

You (Satish) have identified (probably correctly from what you say) that
postfix is the issue. What you need to do is look through the logs
(/var/log/mail.info, for example), see a message being sent to postfix
by Koha, and then see where it's going from there.

Common issues are that you are behind a firewall preventing email going
out to the internet. In this case, you'll need to talk to your IT
department and get information on the server to relay mail through
(often called a smarthost or a relay host.) To configure the simpler
aspects of postfix, you can run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure postfix' and
answer the appropriate questions.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.