[Koha] Cron does not trigger email notifications script - help

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 02:24:31 NZST 2013

Greetings,

Again, don’t edit /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm

Since your instance name is mvs, I would try something like (no promises this is correct, but the idea is sound as confirmed by MJ Ray’s other email):
$ env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/mvs/koha-conf.xml /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

Or why not just set them (this only lasts the current session):
$ PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
$ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/mvs/koha-conf.xml
$ /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

> root at gechlibrary:/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs# ./process_message_queue.pl
> unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 375.
> Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 793.

You obviously set PERL5LIB, but not KOHA_CONF, since it found the C4 library.
If you have multiple instances, the env method helps prevent confusion as to where your instance’s koha-conf.xml file is.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett