[Koha] Stock-take/Inventory in KOHA

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 00:20:24 NZST 2013

Kia Ora!

     I had a really small collection to deal with, and when I had to deal with it about a decade ago, you wouldn't imagine the state that Koha was in at that time. :)

    Thankfully, some developer or another (or mebbe a group :D) threw together statistics capabilities that were more or less modeled after the Massachusetts Annual Information Survey. So once again, our developers ++. Also, this is probably all my fault, sorry!

     First, I wanted to figure out what weeds I had in my collection and get rid of em. Why take stock on summat that you're not going to have any more? In the last ten years, there are now oodles of SQL reports you can run, and a rather easy to get to interface to plug em into. This one might be helpful for weeding, and should be done before you scan stuff in, which will alter the last seen date:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Non_Circulating_Items

    Inevitably, those pesky Patrons will insist on issuing things while you're meant to be counting items. The nerve! Just one flavour of figuring out what's gone is:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#All_Checked_Out_Books

    This one might be helpful for last steps:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Count_of_all_Bibs_and_Items_per_Branch

    I realise that this isn't what you meant or wanted, but I felt the frustration you had about reports and wondered if somehow you might have missed the wiki page. Even if you knew about it, someone else might not have, so I decided to post.

    Finally, I wanted to thank you for the suggestions, because I think they do a wonderful job of pointing out the gaps, which will help make Koha better in the long run.

Cheers,
Brooke