[Koha] problems with the patron card creation (non-latin characters)

Haik Zargaryan haikzargaryan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 00:40:53 NZDT 2013

Dear friends,

I am trying to create cards for our patrons. Yet, when I export the batch instead of the 'names' and 'surnames' some strange characters are retrieved.
For example,
----

Name: Ô±Õ¢Ö€Õ¡Õ°Õ¡Õ´ÕμÕ¡Õ¶ Ô¶Õ¾Õ¡Ö€Õ© ÕŽÕ¡Õ¦Õ£Õ¥Õ¶Õ«

----
Maybe this is because the language is Armenian (a non-Latin script)? With the English names everything works fine. This is a very important issue for our library. Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Haik.