[Koha] Koha Users of North America Email List

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 19 04:48:54 NZDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Scott Kushner <skushner at mplmain.mtpl.org>wrote:

> I think that we should also, perhaps, meet, or divide, into regions of
> North America like Northeast Users of Koha (NUK or NEUK...   :) , Southwest
> Users of Koha, etc..much like the old Codi groups did). And then have an
> annual meeting somewhere in North America.
>
> Notes, videos, etc., can be shared amongst the various regional groups
> after their meetings.

One thing to consider is that it doesn't have to take much to host a
one-day or even half-day local Koha event.  If you're located in an area
where there's at least one other Koha library within reasonable driving
distance, all you really need to host an unconference [1] is time, a
meeting room, and the desire to promote the event.  Everything else,
including internet access and even coffee and snacks, is optional.

This can scale up.  There are certainly larger geographic areas in North
America where there's a high enough concentration of Koha users to support
a regional event.  And if somebody wants to run such an event... go for it:
speak up, say what you want to do, and gather some like-minded people to
help.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference

Regards,

Galen