[Koha] Issues with sending emails in Koha

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 06:54:37 NZST 2013

Hello all,

Good day.

I am trying to get a Koha instance to send email. I am using Koha 3.12.3 using package install on wheezy. I am using ssmtp as the MTA

I can send emails successfully from the command line
I have enabled the instance to send email
I can see cron is processing the message queue

I get emails from cron daemon telling me why the message queue cant be processed. The error is as follows

instance_name: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused)
instance_name: connect to localhost failed
instance_name: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) no (more) retries!
instance_name:  at /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl line 63
Any help to solve this issue is appreciated.

Regards

Olugbenga Adara

Skype: gbengaadara
Blog: http://gbengaadara.blogspot.com