[Koha] How to handle multiple copies/items or authors while converting excel data to MARC

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 04:46:14 NZST 2013

Hi Nanaji,

To start with the authors, you should have each author in its own cell in excel. Then export out in excel in tab delimited, rather than comma. Then map the additional author fields to 700$a in MarcEdit. Only the first (main author) should be mapped to 100$a.

As per the accession number, what I do is to export out the first copy, use MarcEdit to convert the file to Marc and then import into Koha. Then I repeat the step for subsequent copies. I have not yet been able to understand how to get Marcedit to generate multiple 952 lines for accession numbers in a single file.

Some others may be able to shed more light on that!

Olugbenga Adara
+2348033220288
Sent from a Mobile Device. Please excuse typos and brevity.